Extended weekend between Cap Corse and Nebbiu
5 days / 4 nights
Corsica - Self-guided road cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided
Without guide - Short journey - Comfort - Luggage transfer
Last updated: 18/11/2022
~431 £ [490 €] per pers.
1h30 away from Paris, This tour, consisting of 3 stages, will allow you to enjoy a little known area of Corsica and ideal for the practice of road cycling. You have the choice between several variants, more or less difficult, depending on your level. We take care of luggage transfers and stay in 3-star hotels.
Your day by day program
Your tour starts in Bastia at your hotel in the afternoon. This gives you time to discover the capital of Upper Corsica. The old port is superb as well as the freely accessible citadel and the old town which offers an exceptional panorama on the sea and the surroundings. For the free evening meal, we recommend the old port and its special atmosphere.
Night in a 3-stars hotel in Bastia
In the morning, after the appointment, you get on your bike and follow the D80 (which goes around Cape Town), towards Macinaggio. You ride along the coast about 35 km before cutting from east to west by the Serra pass (365 m). On the other side of the island the road again follows the coast and its beautiful cliffs. Several Genoese and paolines towers strew the course, and the marines with their small fishing ports are magnificent. The evening stage is done in Saint-Florent, where you can walk on the port or visit the citadel ...
Distances: 82 km (D+: 1407m ; D-: 1399m ; Min.: 1m ; Max.: 393m)
109 km (D+: 1917m ; D-: 1909m ; Min.: 1m ; Max.: 365m)
or 122 km (D+: 2130m ; D-: 2129m ; Min.: 0m ; Max.: 360m)
Night in a 3-stars hotel
Today you have the choice between a rest day to fully enjoy Saint-Florent, its beaches, its beautiful marina, or ride to discover the surrounding passes.
If you choose to pedal, your itinerary will take you to the top of Col Teghime (535m alt.).
You will then have 2 options. The first will take you through the Nebbiu to return to Saint-Florent.
The second will take you on a corniche road to enjoy a little extra loop on the heights of Bastia.
Distances: between 50 km (D+: 816m ; D-: 813m ; Min.: 0m ; Max.: 467m)
or 84 km (D+: 1767m ; D-: 1769m ; Min.: 3m ; Max.: 551m)
Night in the same 3-stars hotel as the day before
You leave the Gulf of Saint-Florent to cross the mountain towards Bastia, through the Nebbiu. Depending on the route you choose, you will have between 1 to 3 passes to cross. You can, for example, discover the village of Patrimonio, passing by the pass of Teghime (536 m) or join Murato and the Bigorno pass (885 m).
Distances: between 64 km (D+: 1112m ; D-: 1118m ; Min.: 0m ; Max.: 555m)
or 107 km (D+: 2083m ; D-: 2090m ; Min.: -2m ; Max.: 881m)
Night in a 3-star hotel, close to the airport
After breakfast, a transfer may be arranged (optional) to the airport or ferry terminal.
End of your stay
Every day, from beginning of Avpil until the end of October.
- At your 1st hotel in Bastia on day 1, in the afternoon.
- At your hotel near Bastia airport on day 5, after breakfast.
- Nights in 3-star hotels, in double rooms.
- From 2 people (Individuals possible with extra cost).
- This tour requires regular cycling. Becomes moderate by using electric bike
- The daily luggage transfer is done with a vehicle. So you only have to take with you your daily stuff (picnic, camera ...).
- Single room supplement : 240€
- Extra cost for Jully/August departure : 80€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 : 90€
- E-bike rental - TREK UM3+ : 115€
- Bike road rental alu (compact cassette) - TREK Domane AL3 : 130€
- Carbone road bike rental (disc brakes) - TREK Emonda SL6 : 180€
- Luggage transfer
- Nights in 3-star hotels, in double rooms
- Information package with maps and road-books on our app (a smartphone is required)
- Local phone hotline
- Transport to the starting point and from the ending point
- Transfers not foreseen in the program
- The insurance
- Drinks, meals (except breakfasts)
- The bikes
- Everything not mentioned on the "included" part
Weekend along the Canal du Midi: comfort version with luggage transfers
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 4 days / 3 nights
4 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Gulf of St Florent and the Cape of Corsica
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 4 days / 3 nights
Cycling and wellness week-end in Calvi
Corsica - Leisure cycling - Self-guided road cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - Self-guided - 3 days / 2 nights