Discover the coastline of the Isle of Beauty. Known as a ‘mountain in the sea’, Corsica will offer you a great variety of astonishing landscapes and the chance to meet locals who are proud of their traditions and cucina corsa.
So, hop on your bike and let yourself be tempted by this great Corsican adventure!
Your day by day program
You will meet your guide in Bastia at 09.00am. Today, you will go around the Cape of Corsica and travel along the coastline. After cycling through the magnificent village of Saint-Florent, you will cross the superb Désert des Agriates in order to reach your gîte, located atop a col tucked away in the middle of the Balagne region.
More difficult option: 145km.
The road, which you will be riding today, runs along the beach and offers fantastic panoramic views over turquoise and crystal-clear waters. Shortly after climbing the Col de la Croix, you will reach Porto and its Genoese tower. You will finish the day by climbing a majestic col and by crossing the wonderful Calanches de Piana. A truly unforgettable moment!
More difficult option: 155km.
You will continue your itinerary by riding along the coastline, on magnificent roads, used by the Tour de France 2013 in order to reach Cargène, then Sagone, and finally your gîte which is located south of Ajaccio.
More difficult option: 122km.
This is a superb stage with beautiful cols which will lead you to Propriano, before you get to the interior. Once there, you will get to discover a completely different side of Corsica with wild and mountainous landscapes, dotted with little villages and picturesque roads. Night in a gîte tucked away in the mountains.
Easier option: 85km (without riding through Propriano).
The mountain villages of Corsica, which you will see along the way, have kept their period charm. Olive groves, oil mills, chestnut groves will be your backdrop for the day. During your ride, you will have the opportunity to come across pigs, cows and even horses wandering freely on the roads.
Night in a gîte in the Niolo region.
Travel through the villages of the Castagniccia region, famous for their beautiful chapels and natural springs as well as their ancestral tradition of chestnut picking. You might also see eagles flying over your heads. During your ride, you will also cross several streams and rivers and cycle past countless enchanting little villages.
The journey ends in Bastia.
More difficult option: 130km.
Departures for groups formed on request
- Meet on day 1 in Bastia, at 09.00 am in front of the the tourism office (place Saint Nicolas).
- Bastia port or airport on day 7.
- 6 nights in gîtes (shared bedroom and bathroom) don't forget your sleeping bag.
- From 6
- You will need to be in good physical condition and used to cycling (esp. road bike). Distances: from 90 and up to 150km a day. Height gains: from 900 and up to 2700m a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle.
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 250€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 170€
- GPS rental : 60€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 160€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 200€
- Breakfasts from day 2 to day 6, evening meals from day 1 to day 6, luggage transfers, support vehicle during the rides, accommodation (gîtes).
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, picnic lunches, insurance, beverages, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.