3 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Cape of Corsica and the Gulf of St Florent
3 days / 2 nights
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike
Without guide - Short journey
Last updated: 12/11/2022
~322 £ [360 €] per pers.
During three days, this tour will enable you to discover some of the most beautiful sites in Corsica. Hop on your bike and cycle around the wild and windswept Cape, hinterland villages, the enchanting town of Bastia and St Florent’s glorious beaches.
Your day by day program
After meeting a member of our team in Bastia, which is located on the east side of the island, hop on your bike and cycle northwards along a coastline road, with beautiful rugged landscapes of cliffs and jagged shores. You will then cross the island to reach the West Coast. As you descend the Cape, maquis-shrouded hills, dotted with crenelated old Genoese towers, will quickly unravel before your very eyes. The west side of the Cape also holds a magnificent cluster of tiny fishing ports, set against sublime turquoise waters.
Night in a 2-star hotel in Canari.
approximately 59km (D+ : 1071m ; D- : 794m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 381m)
or 79km (D+ : 1357m ; D- : 1081m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 358m)
After leaving the Cape, you will head south in the direction of St Florent. Depending on which itinerary you choose, you will have the opportunity to ride through Patrimonio, the Corsican capital of wine-making, via the Col de Teghime or a superb little-known back road. Both roads offer stunning views over the Gulf. Once you reach St Florent, you will be able to enjoy strolling down the port and the town’s enchanting little streets. A visit of the citadel is also recommended.
Wine tasting classes in the cellars of Patrimonio can also be arranged.
Night in a 3 star hotel in Bastia.
approximately 45 (D+ : 798m ; D- : 1091m ; Min. : 7m ; Max. : 550m)
or 58km (D+ : 882m ; D- : 1175m ; Min. : 1m ; Max. : 549m)
Your trip ends after breakfast. Possible transfer to the port or airport. Contact us for more details.
Every day from the beginning of April to the end of October.
- Meet in Bastia on day 1 at 9.00am. Contact us for assistance with your travel arrangements.
- Your hotel in Bastia, after breakfast on day 3. Possible transfer to the airport.
- Nights in 2/3* comfortable hotels (double bedrooms).
- From two.
- You will need to be in good health and have a good fitness level. Height gains may be significant.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take your day bag with you (for picnics, cameras etc.).
- Supplement for single bedrooms : 85€
- July and August departures : 25€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 : 45€
- Electric bike rental - TREK UM3+ : 60€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 : 75€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 : 100€
- Luggage transfers by vehicle
- 2 nights in hotels (double rooms)
- 2 breakfasts per person
- Information package with maps and road-books on our app (a smartphone is required)
- Local assistance by phone
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, Meals (except breakfasts) and beverages
- Personal travel insurance
- Bike rentals
- Everything not mentioned on the "included" part
Weekend along the Canal du Midi: comfort version with luggage transfers
Canal du Midi - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 4 days / 3 nights
4 day self-guided leisure cycling tour around the Gulf of St Florent and the Cape of Corsica
Corsica - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 4 days / 3 nights